Fannin Bank wants to help you understand the types of information we access, collect, use, store, and transfer (Process) through our mobile banking application (our App), including when you are using the App and when the App is running in the background. Be assured the App Process your information only for the following limited purposes.
- to provide you with digital banking and related services (“Services”);
- to maintain & improve our Services;
- to ensure our Services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us;
- to develop new Services and features;
- to provide you with personalized Services and content;
- to measure the performance of our App and Services;
- to communicate with you;
- to protect our Institution and customers from fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues; and
- any other specific purposes referenced or described in this Mobile Privacy and Security Policy.
Information you enter or provide to us:
When you register, access, and use the App, you provide us with personal and sensitive information that includes your name, password, government identifiers like your social security number (SSN) or driver’s license number, phone number, email address, physical or mailing address, financial information, payment information, payment card information, and credit information.
Other information we collect as you use our App:
The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type, and settings, operating system, mobile network information including the carrier name and phone number, and application version. We also collect information about the interaction of your other apps, browsers, and devices with our digital banking services.
Additionally, and as described in more detail below, your device may periodically contact our backend digital banking systems to provide information about your device and connection to the digital banking services. This information may include things like your device type and carrier name, crash reports, which apps you’ve installed, and depending on your device settings, other information about how you use your mobile device.
We collect information about your activity in connection with our App, in order to better understand:
- Your interactions and behavior associated with App content and features;
- how you are moving through and navigating the App;
- the Services and features that are most valuable to you;
- areas or stages of the App where you may disengage or get struck; and
- your typical patterns of behavior in connection with the App.
The activity information we collect may include:
- Logs, tags, reporting, and other analytics reflecting your specific use of screens, workflows, buttons, and features;
- logs, tags reporting, and other analytics reflecting your navigation through, engagement with, and disengagement with the App;
- haptic information related to your use of your device (e.g., swipes, taps);
- your financial, payment, and transaction activity and history (including purchase history); and
- your navigation to or activity on third-party sites and apps linked to our App.
This information enables us to improve, modify, or expand the services, features, and experience delivered through the App, support in-App messaging, deliver user guides and polls, and optimize the App’s performance.
Your device and other apps
We access and collect information related to your device and other Apps and associated data. This information may be collected both while you use the App and while the App is running in the background or is otherwise not in use. Information we process concerning your device and other Apps includes:
Information we process concerning your device and other Apps includes:
- your device type;
- your device ID;
- other available device identifiers;
- your device operating system;
- network and IP address information;
- your cellular data carrier; and
- device and app diagnostic information.
Additionally, if our App needs to access your device’s protected features, you will have an opportunity to provide consent. If you decline to provide express consent, the App will not be permitted to access data gated by your devices’ permissions model. Without your express consent, the App will not allow the use of the protected features or related data. If and when our App accesses your:
If and when our App accesses your:
- phone or contact book data;
- device location; or
- other background restricted permissions,
Restricted permissions accessed by our App include:
Use of Fingerprint
- We collect information about your biometric identifiers when you use our App, which enables us to streamline your authentication and login experience and access our Services with less friction.
Precise or Fine Location
- We collect information about your location when you use our App, which helps us offer features like search results for branch and ATM locations, credit card controls, and messages based on your general location.
Read or access Contacts, Contacts List, or phone log.
- We collect information about your contact list when you use our App, which enables us to facilitate requested P2P and other payment transactions.
Access Camera or Pictures/Photos
- We collect information from your device’s camera and photos when you use our App, which enables the use of mobile check deposit and other image scanning or capturing features of the App.
Sharing your information
Our App will only share information with third parties with your consent to provide you with Services or for the other ancillary purposes described in the Fannin Bank Privacy Notice.
Our App may Process non-public information or payment information, or government identification numbers and will never publicly disclose any personal or sensitive user data related to financial or payment activities or any government identification numbers.
Our App may process non-public phonebook or contact information, and we don’t allow unauthorized publishing or disclosure of your or others’ non-public contact list.
Neither we nor our third-party providers will ever sell your personal and sensitive data Processed by the App.
The App may also transfer data as necessary for legal reasons, including compliance with a valid governmental request, applicable law, or as part of a merger or acquisition with legally adequate notice to users.
The App handles all personal and sensitive user data securely, including transmitting it using modern cryptography.